Love your ears
& be confident
Love your ears
Mr. Tariq Ahmad also sees many adult patients seeking treatment for prominent ears. It is possible to reshape and resize the ears and, in particular, the ear lobes. During consultation, Mr Ahmad will take a full medical history and then explain what it is possible to achieve with this procedure. If he feels that your expectations are realistic, an ear reshaping procedure can be a relatively simple with a high rate of patient satisfaction. Ear reconstruction is a topic in its own right and Mr Tariq Ahmad has special expertise in these procedures which he would be happy to discuss with you at a consultation. [xyz-ics snippet="book-consultation-btn"]
How it worksEar Surgery
Talk to our expertsHave a consultation with one of our surgeons to discuss whether ear surgery is right for you.
Get your desired treatmentHave your Ear Surgery, carried out by consultant plastic surgeon, Mr. Ahmad.
We will support youFeel confident that we will support you ever step of the way.
Mr Tariq Ahmad utilises the posterior approach for ear pinning, which he believe is as good as or superior to traditional techniques, but is also significantly safer. This procedure is usually performed under a local anaesthetic.
At a glance
- Used to improve shape of ears
- Time in theatre 90 mins
- Anaesthesia local or general anaesthetic
- Hospital stay no
- Recovery 2-3 weeks
- Costs £3,400 - £6,000
- Follow up up to 5 included
- Does it last Yes
Over 500+operations performed
Mr Ahmad is well trained in ear reconstruction in the UK and overseas. He has reconstructed ears for patients who don’t have any so you can be sure of his experience in reshaping your ears to achieve a natural profile that is in harmony with your face.
- [xyz-ics snippet="google-score"]
Based on [xyz-ics snippet="google-no-of-reviews"] reviews
You can feel confident that he will understand your issues and be reassured that he has the experience to address your concerns. Have a look at our verified testimonials.
Mr Ahmad will never push you to any procedure or treatment and our philosophy is to look after you before, during and after your treatment. Mr Ahmad will listen and give you the knowledge to make an informed decision, in your own time.
Click here the learn about Ear Surgery aftercare
- You will need to sleep upright, well-supported with pillows for 2 weeks following surgery.
- The head bandage needs to remain in place for the amount of time specified by your Consultant, usually 7 to 10 days.
- Take painkillers as directed, these are usually Paracetamol-based. Please avoid taking any Aspirin-based medication as these can cause bleeding.
- Stitches used are usually absorbable.
- Hair can be washed after removal of the head bandage. Please be careful and gentle around the ear area.
- It is recommended that a protective head band be worn over the ears at night to prevent the ears being bent forward against the pillow for 6 weeks after surgery.
- The ears are often a little numb after the operation and this usually takes several weeks to settle.
- Be careful when taking clothing off over the head not to catch the ears.
- Please refrain from smoking as this prevents good wound healing
- If you are prescribed antibiotics, it is important that you complete the course.
- Avoid strenuous activity for at least two weeks (walking and gently stretching is fine).
- Avoid contact sports for a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. It is advisable to wear a protective head band whilst taking part in contact sports in the future.
- Depending of your job, you should be able to return to work/school within 2 weeks after the operation.
- Should you experience undue pain, excessive swelling, redness, hardness, a raised temperature, feel unwell or if your head bandage comes off before the specified length of time it is to be worn, please contact the hospital where you had your procedure, or your Consultant directly if you have been asked to do so.